Pittsburgh Trucking Accident Lawyers Advocate for Injured Clients
Allegheny County attorneys take on careless drivers and their insurers
Following a truck accident, getting back to normal can be a difficult process. In some situations, things might never be the same. Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC in Pittsburgh represents victims who have been injured in crashes with tractor-trailers and other commercial vehicles. Our personal injury attorneys have over 60 years of combined legal experience and are committed to helping clients pursue compensation that will help them deal with the physical and financial effects of a serious crash.
Firm pursues compensation for trucking accident injuries in Pittsburgh, PA
Having assisted victims of Pennsylvania auto accidents, we understand the added danger associated with collisions involving trucks. To give you a better chance to secure a financial recovery, we investigate and develop the medical the medical issue you suffer due to a trucking accident, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal damage and whiplash
- Broken bones
- Disfigurement and other permanent conditions, such as paralysis
In Allegheny County and throughout Western Pennsylvania, our personal injury attorneys advocate for resolutions that attempt to compensate truck accident victims for their healthcare costs, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages available under state law.
Can a trucking company be held liable for a truck driver’s negligence?
There’s a reason why special regulations apply to large trucks and the people who operate them. Trucks are complicated, expensive machines with a massive size and weight advantage over most other vehicles on the road. This creates a serious risk if an accident occurs. Trucking companies are bound to hire drivers who have the appropriate license and certifications for the rig they’re using. If the person behind the wheel isn’t properly trained or supervised, they might violate rules relating to:
- Speed — Any vehicle that exceeds the speed limit is potentially dangerous, but truck drivers need to be especially cognizant of how fast they are traveling due to their vehicles’ long braking distances and reduced maneuverability.
- Driver fatigue — Specific rules exist regarding how long a commercial vehicle operator can stay behind the wheel. Fatigue can have a similar effect on a driver as alcohol or drugs. We review records and information from trucks’ data recorders to determine if drowsy driving contributed to the crash.
- Load weight — Pressure to maximize profits sometimes compel people to overload a truck, making it harder to handle and intensifying the impact in a collision.
- Tailgating — Commercial vehicles must maintain a proper distance behind the car or truck in front of them, because a rear-end collision triggered by a sudden stop could be devastating.
As we review your truck accident claim, we take the time to determine if any violations occurred and if the driver or trucking company could have taken actions that might have prevented the crash.
Can multiple parties share liability for a truck accident?
While passenger vehicles are usually owned or leased by the driver involved in the accident, many individuals and business entities might be responsible for the safety of a commercial vehicle. Our firm studies the facts carefully in truck accident cases to see if any third party bears legal liability in addition to the driver. Should the vehicle be owned by a trucking line or some other business, we examine physical evidence and maintenance records to see if faulty tires or worn brakes should have been addressed by the fleet owner. We may also determine if a defective part contributed to the crash and take action against negligent manufacturers to hold them accountable for the product they created.
Contact a Pennsylvania truck accident attorney for a free consultation
Phil DiLucente & Associates, LLC in Pittsburgh advocates on behalf of Western Pennsylvanians who have been injured in collisions with trucks and other commercial vehicles. To speak with a knowledgeable attorney in a free consultation, please call 1.800.GET.PHIL or contact us online.